Applications for The Leadership Institute Class of 2024 are no longer being accepted!
To learn more about the program, check out our Class of 2024 Program Brochure.
About The Leadership Institute: FAQ
Who should apply?
- Ideal candidates are professional individuals who are poised and eager to make the transition to a higher level within their organization and to assume increased responsibility.
What is the commitment & cost?
- The Leadership Institute is a significant commitment by the participates and their employers. Each participant is required to attend a retreat in August and all subsequent monthly sessions through March and attend a graduation ceremony in the spring. Program tuition is $2,500 for Members.
Are there scholarship opportunities?
- Yes, the Chamber does offer partial scholarships for The Leadership Institute based on financial need. They are funded through the "Van Rensselaer Fund - Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce" through The Community Foundation. Scholarships are awarded by The Leadership Institute Selection Committee.
- The amount of each scholarship is determined each year by the availability of funding. Recipients of the scholarships will be notified along with their acceptance to The Leadership institute. Requests for financial assistance will not affect consideration for participation in the program.
- As noted in the application, to be considered for a partial scholarship, please include a brief description (250 words or less) along with your application. Please indicate need, and how the scholarship would impact your participation in The Leadership Institute.
What is the experience of participating in The Leadership Institute like?
- The Leadership Institute provides an opportunity for exceptional individuals strengthen their skills through interactive discussions and critical analysis. Professionals from diverse backgrounds learn from senior level executives across many sectors resulting in a truly unique educational experience. The program integrates leadership skill building with valuable networking opportunities. As participants explore leadership styles, examine options and establish relationships, they gain the skills necessary to make a more valuable contribution to their employers.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions about the program.
Class of 2024:
Congratulations to the Leadership Institute Class of 2024! Now in its 20th year, The Leadership Institute is the Chamber's award-winning professional development program that has an an accomplished and diverse alumni network of nearly 500 graduates.
- Chad Binney, PNJ
- Tara Borodin-Galarza, Phinney Design
- Amanda Casale, Troy Rehabilitation & Improvement Program
- Cody Csontos, Choice Physical Therapy
- Sarah Czelusniak, Commission on Economic Opportunity
- Thomas Daniels, Unity House of Troy
- Jack Dearborn, HMA Contracting Corporation
- Heidi Dillmann, JDRF International
- Marcia Etman, Pioneer
- Ryan Gauck, CDPHP
- Lizzie Honan, Troy Savings Bank Music Hall
- Megan Izzo, Broadview FCU
- Raymond Lauenstein, Aquatic Development Group
- Alex Lorimer, Mosaic Architects
- Katri Noble-Johnson, Northern Rivers
- Dr. Brooke Paradise, KIPP Troy Prep
- Matthew Rucinski, St. Pius X School
- Melissa Signorelli, Nassau Financial Group
- Alison Simpson, Mohawk Hudson Humane Society
- John Slyer, Sky High Adventure
- Nicole St. Onge, RPI
- Cheryl Stock, Port of Albany
- Matt Tozzi, Rifenburg
- David Wilber, Teal Becker, et al.
- Bobby Wood, Troy Web Consulting
The Leadership Institute is sponsored by CDPHP.