The Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce The Leadership Institute Class of 2019, marking the 14th year of the Chamber’s award-winning, skills-based program:
- Samantha Ashline, Commission on Economic Opportunity (CEO)
- Tara Bocketti, Hudson Valley Community College
- Evan Brooksby, HANYS
- Sarah Caciola, Pattison, Sampson, Ginsberg & Griffin PLLC
- Katherine Caruso, Arsenal Business and Technology Partnership
- Joshua DeRosa, Next Advance, Inc.
- Amy DiRamio, Northern Rivers/Parsons Child and Family Center
- Jennifer Favitta, Troy Web Consulting
- Eric Guzman, Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless
- Katie Hammon, Downtown Troy Business Improvement District (BID)
- Timothy Haskins, United Group of Companies, Inc.
- Amber Hensley, Pioneer Bank
- Tracy Ketcham, Unity House of Troy, Inc.
- Emily Kohout, architecture+
- Noreen Lajeunesse, Rifenburg Companies
- Karen Mason, Saratoga National Bank
- Jeffrey McQuide, DeCrescente Distributing Company, Inc.
- Aimee Moore, SEFCU
- Nicole Runyon, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Brian Sheldon, Sand Lake Center for the Arts
- Michelle Skinner, Tri-City ValleyCats
- Lauren Tatro, CAP COM FCU
- Giovanni Virgiglio, Diocese of Albany Catholic Schools
- Rebecca Whalen, Capital Roots
The Leadership Institute Class of 2020
Please note: The application is a fillable .pdf file. We encourage applicants to use this form and submit it via email with all accompanying materials.
Who should apply?
- Ideal candidates are professional individuals who are poised and eager to make the transition to a higher level within their organization and to assume increased responsibility.
How many are accepted?
- Approximately 24 participants from across the region will be selected for the graduating Class of 2020.
What is the commitment & cost?
- The Leadership Institute is a significant commitment by the participates and their employers. Each participant is required to attend an overnight retreat in August and all subsequent monthly sessions through March and attend a graduation ceremony in April. Program tuition is $2,300 for Members and $2,800 for future members. Scholarships are available based on need.
Dates to know:
- Leadership “Drop-In Day” on Friday, March 22, 2019 from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the Chamber office, 90 Fourth Street, Troy
- Applications are due Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
- Upon review of all applications, the selection committee will notify participants by Friday, June 14, 2019
- If selected, full tuition is due by Friday, June 28, 2019 at 1 p.m.
The Leadership Institute provides an opportunity for exceptional individuals strengthen their skills through interactive discussions and critical analysis. Professionals from diverse backgrounds learn from senior level executives across many sectors resulting in a truly unique educational experience. The program integrates leadership skill building with valuable networking opportunities. As participants explore leadership styles, examine options and establish relationships, they gain the skills necessary to make a more valuable contribution to their employers.
Please contact Staci O'Neill at (518) 687-1243 or [email protected] with any questions about the program.
Help us keep our records up-to-date by filling out The Leadership Institute alumni information form. Share professional and personal news for our print newsletter, stay connected with alumni happenings and receive communications about special events.