Deadline to Apply for the Class of 2023 is Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 5 p.m.
About The Leadership Institute
Who should apply?
- Ideal candidates are professional individuals who are poised and eager to make the transition to a higher level within their organization and to assume increased responsibility.
What is the commitment & cost?
- The Leadership Institute is a significant commitment by the participates and their employers. Each participant is required to attend a retreat in August and all subsequent monthly sessions through March and attend a graduation ceremony in the spring. Program tuition is $2,500 for Members.
Are there scholarship opportunities?
- Yes, the Chamber does offer partial scholarships for The Leadership Institute based on financial need. They are funded through the "Van Rensselaer Fund - Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce" through The Community Foundation. Scholarships are awarded by The Leadership Institute Selection Committee.
- The amount of each scholarship is determined each year by the availability of funding. Recipients of the scholarships will be notified along with their acceptance to The Leadership institute. Requests for financial assistance will not affect consideration for participation in the program.
- As noted in the application, to be considered for a partial scholarship, please include a brief description (250 words or less) along with your application. Please indicate need, and how the scholarship would impact your participation in The Leadership Institute.
What is the experience of participating in The Leadership Institute like?
- The Leadership Institute provides an opportunity for exceptional individuals strengthen their skills through interactive discussions and critical analysis. Professionals from diverse backgrounds learn from senior level executives across many sectors resulting in a truly unique educational experience. The program integrates leadership skill building with valuable networking opportunities. As participants explore leadership styles, examine options and establish relationships, they gain the skills necessary to make a more valuable contribution to their employers.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions about the program.
Class of 2022:
The Chamber is pleased to announce the class roster for the Class of 2022! Now in its 17th year, The Leadership Institute is the Chamber's award-winning professional development program that has an an accomplished and diverse alumni network of nearly 450 graduates.
The Class of 2022, who start their Leadership Institute journey in September, includes the following regional professionals:
- Noah Baum, Troy Rehabilitation and Improvement Program
- Anna Carey, Vanderheyden
- Jason Chicoine, Community Loan Fund of the Capital Region
- Caitlin Davis, Mohawk Hudson Humane Society
- Daniel Falkenstrom, Tech Valley Center of Gravity
- Annie Finn, UHY LLP
- Patrick Flanagan, Taconic
- Jordan Flynn, CDPHP
- Jesse Hoffay, Rifenburg Construction Inc.
- Daniel Jaromin, Albany Diocesan Catholic Schools
- Bill Kane, Pioneer
- Aaron Marquise, The Contemporary Circus & Immersive Arts Center (CCIAC)
- Stacey McClurg, SEFCU
- Calli Moise, Capital District YMCA
- Conor O’Brien, DeCrescente Distributing Company
- Kate Penn, HANYS
- Melissa Savage, Sunmark Credit Union
- Amanda Vottis, Mosaic Associates Architects
- Matthew Whalen, CAP COM Federal Credit Union
- Scharlette Wilkins, Unity House of Troy, Inc.
- Rachel Young, The Arc of Rensselaer County