Entering its 14th year, The Leadership Institute is an award winning, skills-based leadership experience. This competitive professional development program is an excellent opportunity to enhance the skills necessary to advance careers while gaining insight on real-life experiences from the region’s most accomplished senior level executives.
Who should apply?
- Ideal candidates are professional individuals who are poised and eager to make the transition to a higher level within their organization and to assume increased responsibility.
How many are accepted?
- Approximately 26 participants from across the region will be selected for the graduating class of 2019.
What is the commitment & cost?
- The Leadership Institute is a significant commitment by the participates and their employers. Each participant is required to attend an overnight retreat in August and all subsequent monthly sessions through March and attend a graduation ceremony in April. Program tuition is $2,300 for Members and $2,800 for future members. Scholarships are available based on need.
Dates to know:
- Applications are due Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
- Upon review of all applications, the selection committee will notify participants by Wednesday, June 13, 2018.
- If selected, full tuition is due by Friday, July 6, 2018 at 1 p.m.
Help us keep our records up-to-date by filling out The Leadership Institute alumni information form. Share professional and personal news for our print newsletter, stay connected with alumni happenings and receive communications about special events.
The Leadership Institute provides an opportunity for exceptional individuals strengthen their skills through interactive discussions and critical analysis. Professionals from diverse backgrounds learn from senior level executives across many sectors resulting in a truly unique educational experience. The program integrates leadership skill building with valuable networking opportunities. As participants explore leadership styles, examine options and establish relationships, they gain the skills necessary to make a more valuable contribution to their employers. Please contact Staci O'Neill at (518) 687-1243 or [email protected] with any questions about the program.
What the community is saying about The Leadership Institute:
“At KeyBank, we believe the promise for the future lies in the ability to continually cultivate leaders with vision, integrity and a passion for the communities they serve. The Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce shares this belief, and we are happy and proud to support The Leadership Institute, a program that for many years has helped participants become better leaders by teaching them that leadership is about proactively making a difference in the lives of others.” -- Ruth Mahoney, Capital Region Market President, KeyBank, N.A.
“This opportunity was perfect timing for me. I’ve gained a wealth of knowledge and skills that I’m already putting to work. I’ve built meaningful relationships with my Leadership colleagues and made new friends. A sincere thank you to the phenomenal faculty, the businesses and schools that provide the space and the Chamber for their scholarship opportunities.” -- Daquetta Jones, Executive Director, YWCA of the Greater Capital Region, Inc. & Class of 2017 Graduate