Class of 2022:
Applications for the Class of 2022 are now closed. Please check back in early July for the class announcement.
Congratulations to the Class of 2021!
The Class of 2021 officially graduated from the program on Thursday, June 17, 2021. They join a network of more than 450 alumni around the Capital District.
- Firmin Alexander, Troy Web Consulting
- Margaret Arias, Unity House of Troy
- Carlo Bileci, CAP COM Federal Credit Union
- Ketaki Bodhankar, SEFCU
- Natalia Burkart, CDPHP
- Roz Cardish, LaSalle Institute
- Philip Carr, Fairway Independent Mortgage
- Anna Despart, AWCplus
- Shawn Dias, Nassau Re
- Anisa Elsawi, Hampton Inn & Suites – Albany/East Greenbush
- Nicole Gagnon, Mohawk Hudson Humane Society
- Jessica Guido, Tri-City ValleyCats
- Steve Lovelett, Mosaic Associates Architects
- Peter Mueller, Ecovative Design
- Janae Quackenbush, Healthcare Association of New York State
- Philip Sopris, Berkshire Bank
- Tony Spada, Hunter Engineering
- Chris Stephens, Wojseki & Co.
The Leadership Institute is sponsored by CDPHP.
About The Leadership Institute
Who should apply?
- Ideal candidates are professional individuals who are poised and eager to make the transition to a higher level within their organization and to assume increased responsibility.
What is the commitment & cost?
- The Leadership Institute is a significant commitment by the participates and their employers. Each participant is required to attend a retreat in August and all subsequent monthly sessions through March and attend a graduation ceremony in the spring. Program tuition is $2,400 for Members and $2,900 for future members. Scholarships are available based on need.
Are there scholarship opportunities?
- Yes, the Chamber does offer partial scholarships for The Leadership Institute based on financial need. They are funded through the "Van Rensselaer Fund - Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce" through The Community Foundation. Scholarships are awarded by The Leadership Institute Selection Committee. The amount of each scholarship is determined each year by the availability of funding. Recipients of the scholarships will be notified along with their acceptance to The Leadership institute. Requests for financial assistance will not affect consideration for participation in the program. As noted in the application, to be considered for a partial scholarship, please include a brief description (250 words or less) along with your application. Please indicate need, and how the scholarship would impact your participation in The Leadership Institute.
What is the experience of participating in The Leadership Institute like?
- The Leadership Institute provides an opportunity for exceptional individuals strengthen their skills through interactive discussions and critical analysis. Professionals from diverse backgrounds learn from senior level executives across many sectors resulting in a truly unique educational experience. The program integrates leadership skill building with valuable networking opportunities. As participants explore leadership styles, examine options and establish relationships, they gain the skills necessary to make a more valuable contribution to their employers.