The Leadership Institute Class of 2021
A special note for those interested in applying to the Class of 2021:
The Leadership Institute takes an innovative approach to the traditional leadership development model with this year’s class being more innovative than any before. While we are finalizing plans on the logistical particulars, we encourage applicants to submit using the current application. If you have already applied there is no need to submit again.
Applications are due by Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Completed applications can be sent to Rachael Lorimer at [email protected]. For more information on The Leadership Institute, a full list of course dates, testimonials from Leadership alumni and more, click here.
Who should apply?
- Ideal candidates are professional individuals who are poised and eager to make the transition to a higher level within their organization and to assume increased responsibility.
How many are accepted?
- Approximately 24 participants from across the region will be selected for the graduating Class of 2021.
What is the commitment & cost?
- The Leadership Institute is a significant commitment by the participates and their employers. Each participant is required to attend an overnight retreat in August and all subsequent monthly sessions through March and attend a graduation ceremony in April. Program tuition is $2,400 for Members and $2,900 for future members. Scholarships are available based on need.
Are there scholarship opportunities?
- Yes, the Chamber does offer partial scholarships for The Leadership Institute based on financial need. They are funded through the "Van Rensselaer Fund - Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce" through The Community Foundation. Scholarships are awarded by The Leadership Institute Selection Committee. The amount of each scholarship is determined each year by the availability of funding. Recipients of the scholarships will be notified along with their acceptance to The Leadership institute. Requests for financial assistance will not affect consideration for participation in the program. As noted in the application, to be considered for a partial scholarship, please include a brief description (250 words or less) along with your application. Please indicate need, and how the scholarship would impact your participation in The Leadership Institute.
Dates to know:
Applications are due Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Upon review of all applications, the selection committee will notify participants by Friday, June 19, 2020
- If selected, full tuition is due by Friday, July 10, 2020 at 1 p.m.
The Leadership Institute provides an opportunity for exceptional individuals strengthen their skills through interactive discussions and critical analysis. Professionals from diverse backgrounds learn from senior level executives across many sectors resulting in a truly unique educational experience. The program integrates leadership skill building with valuable networking opportunities. As participants explore leadership styles, examine options and establish relationships, they gain the skills necessary to make a more valuable contribution to their employers.
Please contact Kate Manley at (518) 274-7020 or [email protected] with any questions about the program.