Featuring a new business professional from a different industry, these videos will be available as a resource for students and educators.
Experts agree — workforce readiness requires collaboration between education and business. Every year, the Chamber’s workforce readiness initiatives seek to find ways to develop a strong pipeline of workers for economic prosperity. “Connect with Careers" week is the result of focus groups and feedback from businesses and educators about the immediate need of students to connect with professionals from a variety of industries and backgrounds. Students will gain insight from the shared stories of these professionals, including the importance of transferable skills and non-linear paths to career success.
This initiative honors the late Bob Horan, superintendent of the Schodack Central School District. We seek to carry on his commitment to foster dynamic partnerships between business and education for a vibrant, workforce-ready community.
NEW! Spring 2022 'Connect with Careers' Week Interviewees:
- Video 1 Valecia Stocchetti, Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, Center for Internet Security
- Video 2 Bill Miller, VP of Purchasing & Marketing, Hill & Markes
- Video 3 Claudia Butler, District Manager - Empire East, Amtrak
- Video 4 Brian Sano, Director of Gas Operations, National Grid
- Video 5 Callie Gaspary, Principal and Amanda Vottis, Architectural Designer, Mosaic Associates Architects
- Video 6 Patrick Harris, President & Co-founder, collectiveffort
Fall 2021 ' Connect with Careers' Week Interviewees:
- Video 1 - Monday, November 15: Tami Cole, President, docstrats
- Video 2 - Tuesday, November 16: Tyler Culberson, Associate Broker, NAI Platform
- Video 3 - Wednesday, November 17: Stacey Bridge, Associate Director, Troy Savings Bank Music Hall
- Video 4 - Wednesday, November 17: Karen Good, Director of Marketing, Troy Savings Bank Music Hall
- Video 5 - Thursday, November 18: Audrey Stone, Community Engagement Program Manager, Sunmark Credit Union
- Video 6 - Thursday, November 18: Dr. Frank Rice, CEO and Chief Scientist, Integrated Tissue Dynamics
- Video 7 - Friday, November 19: Bob Bushnell, Plant Foreman, Callanan Industries
- Video 8 - Friday, November 19: Shameer Ally, Technician Equipment Engineering, GlobalFoundries
Spring 2021 'Connect with Careers' Week Interviewees:
- Lauren Tatro, Vice President of Marketing, CAP COM Federal Credit Union
- Kyle Delair; Project Manager at Martin Electric
- Edwin C. Anker IV RA AIA; Troy Office Director & Senior Project Manager at Phinney Design Group
- Sarah Paparella MPH, LNHA | Administrator at Evergreen Commons Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Gary Guy; Director of Transportation at CDTA
Fall 2020 'Connect with Careers' Week Interviewees:
- Keith Algozzine, Founder and CEO, UCM Digital Health
- Steve Flenory, Studio Head, WB Games New York
- Mike Hamel, Partner, HMA Paving and Contracting Corp
- Julie Hughes, Senior Vice President of Risk Management, CAP COM Federal Credit Union
- Heidi Knoblauch, Venture and Growth Relationship Manager, Pioneer and Owner of Plumb Oyster Bar
- Peter Mueller, Director, Technology Operations, Ecovative Design LLC
- Kerri Puckhaber, Chief Estimator, Hoosick Valley Contractors, Inc.