What do we mean by Workforce Development?
Our education efforts include:
- Working with K-12 schools and colleges and universities to help students with career exploration
- Working with educators to help them understand the needs of local business
- Connecting both groups for job shadowing and internship opportunities.
- These efforts span white collar, high tech, manufacturing and trade opportunities
- Assist with regulatory barriers that prevent schools and businesses from working together. For example coding opportunities not available in all K-12 schools and hiring former trades people to teach in the schools, etc.
Our community efforts include:
- Working with not for profits and agencies in providing people looking to re-enter the workforce with job skills. (these efforts are similar to those with our education efforts)
- Working with Rensselaer County One Stop to assess what gaps exist
Our attraction efforts include:
- Insuring there is positive messaging on the quality of life in Rensselaer county so our members will have resources when recruiting out of the area
- Assisting with messaging out of the area to recruit new employees
- Working with local colleges and universities to insure they serve as a pipeline to our members