Connect with Careers Week
NEW: The Chamber is excited to release a new Spring 2021 edition of Connect with Careers week. From March 22 - 26, we'll release new videos each day featuring interviews with local business leaders. Hear how they got their starts and forged unique career paths in their respective fields. Stay tuned for the lineup of speakers! Until then, please enjoy the Chamber's first edition of Connect with Careers below:
Featuring a new business professional from a different industry, these videos will continue to be available online as a resource for students and educators during a time when in-person career exploration opportunities are minimal due to COVID restrictions.
Experts agree — workforce readiness requires collaboration between education and business. Every year, the Chamber’s workforce readiness events seek to find ways to develop a strong pipeline of workers for economic prosperity. “Connect with Careers" week is the result of focus groups and feedback from businesses and educators about the immediate need of students to connect with professionals from a variety of industries and backgrounds. Students will gain insight from the shared stories of these professionals, including the importance of transferable skills and non-linear paths to career success.
This initiative honors the late Bob Horan, superintendent of the Schodack Central School District. We seek to carry on his commitment to foster dynamic partnerships between business and education for a vibrant, workforce-ready community.
'Connect with Careers' Week Interviewees:
- Keith Algozzine, Founder and CEO, UCM Digital Health
- Steve Flenory, Studio Head, WB Games New York
- Mike Hamel, Partner, HMA Paving and Contracting Corp
- Julie Hughes, Senior Vice President of Risk Management, CAP COM Federal Credit Union
- Heidi Knoblauch, Venture and Growth Relationship Manager, Pioneer and Owner of Plumb Oyster Bar
- Peter Mueller, Director, Technology Operations, Ecovative Design LLC
- Kerri Puckhaber, Chief Estimator, Hoosick Valley Contractors, Inc.