The State has indicated each business will have to develop a safety plan to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Reopening plans do NOT have to be submitted to state agencies for approval; however, plans should be kept on premise and available for NYS DOH in the event of an inspection.
- Employers must submit a form to the State affirming they have read and understand the guidelines and will implement them. Click here to submit your affirmation online.
- For developing a safety plan specific to your business, you may use this safety plan template designed by the state OR develop a plan of your own.
Phased Reopening of New York State:
The Capital Region began Phase One reopening on Wednesday, May 20.
Phase One: Now Open; (Guidelines for Phase One)
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
- Retail - (Limited to curbside or in-store pickup or drop off)
- Wholesale Trade
Phase Two: Now Open; (Guidelines for Phase Two)
- Professional Services
- Administrative Support
- Real Estate / Rental & Leasing
- Hair Salons & Barbershops
- Outdoor Dining at Restaurants (Click here for exact guidelines from the State; for more information on how businesses can utilize or repurpose outdoor space to serve customers, click here for guidance from the New York State Liquor Authority.)
Phase Three: Now Open; (Guidelines for Phase Three)
- Restaurants / Food Services
- Personal Care
Phase Four: Not Open; Now Open; (Guidelines for Phase Four)
- Higher Education
- Low Risk Outdoor Arts & Entertainment
- Low Risk Indoor Arts & Entertainment
- Media Production
New! Internal COVID-19 Communications
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has prepared a custom flyer that businesses can utilize to educate costumers and employees on the steps the business is taking to mitigate the risk of COVID-19. Create your flyer here.
In addition, businesses can rely on the following questionnaire to screen employees daily. Download and print the form here.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has compiled a collection of business resources to provide employers and employees with best practices to safely return to work:
- For their industry specific best practices, click here
Cleaning Products and Services from our Members
Want to be added to the list? Send us a note at [email protected] and we'll sure to include you!
Cleaning Products for Sale
Full-Service Cleaning Services Available
- AWC Plus (Action Window Cleaning Company Inc.)
- Fretto Industrial Cleaning
- KPM Restoration
- SERVPRO of North Rensselaer/Southern Washington Counties (Offering a cleaning discount for all Chamber members)
Governor Cuomo and his team have unveiled the regional criterion that must be met and maintained as a region can proceed with reopening. Read about the metrics guiding our reopening process.