Make This YOUR Year!
Apply to the Class of 2019
The Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications for The Leadership Institute Class of 2019. Entering its 14th year, The Leadership Institute is an award winning, skills-based leadership experience. This competitive professional development program is an excellent opportunity to enhance the skills necessary to advance careers while gaining insight on real-life experiences from the region’s most accomplished senior level executives.
Who should apply?
- Ideal candidates are professional individuals who are poised and eager to make the transition to a higher level within their organization and to assume increased responsibility.
How many are accepted?
- Approximately 26 participants from across the region will be selected for the graduating class of 2019.
What is the commitment & cost?
- The Leadership Institute is a significant commitment by the participates and their employers. Each participant is required to attend an overnight retreat in August and all subsequent monthly sessions through March and attend a graduation ceremony in April. Program tuition is $2,300 for Members and $2,800 for future members. Scholarships are available based on need.
Dates to know:
- Open House Event on Friday, April 6, 8:30-9:30 a.m. at the Chamber office, 90 Fourth Street in Troy. Meet alumni, learn about the program and the application process while getting all your questions answered.
- Applications are due Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
- Upon review of all applications, the selection committee will notify participants by Wednesday, June 13, 2018.
Help us keep our records up-to-date by filling out The Leadership Institute alumni information form. Share professional and personal news for our print newsletter, stay connected with alumni happenings and receive communications about special events.
Join us for this year's Graduation Ceremony & Dinner on March 22 as we celebrate the Class of 2018:
- Gene Browning, Mosaic Associates Architects
- Michael Buckley, Mohawk Hudson Humane Society
- Tanya Buechner, SEFCU
- Samantha Burrington, Pioneer Bank
- Lisa Carroll, BBL Hospitality, Hilton Garden Inn - Troy
- Arien Cartrette, architecture+
- Ana Culver, Workforce Development Institute
- Tarasha Darden-McKoy, Troy Drug Free Community Coalition; Troy Rehabilitation & Improvement Program, Inc.
- Khristopher Fitzgerald, U.W. Marx Construction
- Christina Gorman, M&T Bank
- Constance Grega, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Gregory Hanselman, KeyBank, NA
- Paula Jacobson, Healthcare Association of NYS
- Troy Ketcham, Capital District YMCA
- Gary Klee, Phoenix Life Insurance Co.
- Christopher Loszynski, DeCrescente Distributing Co., Inc.
- William Malcolm, Capital Roots
- Kimberli Relyea, CSArch Architecture | Engineering | Construction Management
- Robert Rodriguez, Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service
- Kara Schultz, The Rifenburg Companies
- Katherine Scoville, The Sage Colleges
- Claudette Senior, Unity House of Troy, Inc.
- Erica Stoeckeler, deFacto Global, Inc.
- Brian Tramontano, CAP COM Federal Credit Union
- Alison VanDerVolgen, The Kaleel Jamison Consulting Group, Inc.
- Kimberly Wright, BST & Co. CPAs, LLP
The Leadership Institute provides an opportunity for exceptional individuals strengthen their skills through interactive discussions and critical analysis. Professionals from diverse backgrounds learn from senior level executives across many sectors resulting in a truly unique educational experience. The program integrates leadership skill building with valuable networking opportunities. As participants explore leadership styles, examine options and establish relationships, they gain the skills necessary to make a more valuable contribution to their employers. Please contact Staci O'Neill at (518) 687-1243 or email@example.com with any questions about the program.
What the community is saying about The Leadership Institute:
“At KeyBank, we believe the promise for the future lies in the ability to continually cultivate leaders with vision, integrity and a passion for the communities they serve. The Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce shares this belief, and we are happy and proud to support The Leadership Institute, a program that for many years has helped participants become better leaders by teaching them that leadership is about proactively making a difference in the lives of others.” -- Ruth Mahoney, Capital Region Market President, KeyBank, N.A.
“This opportunity was perfect timing for me. I’ve gained a wealth of knowledge and skills that I’m already putting to work. I’ve built meaningful relationships with my Leadership colleagues and made new friends. A sincere thank you to the phenomenal faculty, the businesses and schools that provide the space and the Chamber for their scholarship opportunities.” -- Daquetta Jones, Executive Director, YWCA of the Greater Capital Region, Inc. & Class of 2017 Graduate