Rensselaer County Summer Youth Employment Program Announced
Rensselaer County has announced its Summer Youth Employment program. Interested businesses should contact Tracy Ellis ([email protected]) at the Rensselaer County One Stop Employment Center.
Summer Youth Employment—What Is It?
- Rensselaer County businesses serve as a host worksite for youth ages 14-19
- Youth in the program receive training and paid work experience at various worksites throughout the County at NO COST to the business
Employer of Record is Rensselaer County
- All wages/stipends will be paid by Rensselaer County Employment & TrainingAll employer mandatory insurance is provided by Rensselaer County (Liability, Worker’s Comp, Disability)
- All employer mandatory insurance is provided by Rensselaer County (Liability, Worker’s Comp, Disability)
- The Summer Youth Employment Program runs in July & August
- Youth will work 4-5 weeks, 20-25 hours per week and are paid minimum wage
Benefits to you include:
- Dedicated Rensselaer County Career Center counseling staff to ensure a successful experience for both the youth and the business
- Ability to get work and projects done that you had on the backburner at no cost to your business
- A great source for future employees
- Excellent PR potential for your business— success stories will be shared with the community