Dowling Law PLLC Welcomes Mishka A. Woodley, Esq.
Dowling Law PLLC is pleased to welcome Mishka A. Woodley, Esq. to the team. Mishka brings over twenty years of interdisciplinary experience in law, healthcare, business, and education. She provides legal, regulatory, and compliance services for stakeholders within diverse industries, while also facilitating partnerships between related interest groups. She has spent the past several years negotiating with and on behalf of government agencies and leaders to resolve complex legal and policy issues to achieve desired outcomes.
Mishka will be working with our clients to provide practical advice on complex laws and regulations; address privacy, security, fraud and abuse, and patient care related concerns; and assess organizational policies and operations. She is also actively engaged in COVID-19 response and diversity initiatives on the local and state level.
Mishka brings welcome healthcare experience to Dowling Law’s already robust practice, which assists organizations of all sizes with all aspects of conducting business, including:
- Employment Matters. Advice on all of today’s common workplace issues, such as hostile work environments, employee leaves, reasonable accommodation requests, wage and hour, terminations of employment, and many more.
- Labor Matters. Unionization, collective bargaining, grievances and all related topics.
- Confidential Workplace Investigations. Thorough, independent investigations into all types of workplace concerns, including violations of policies/procedures and other misconduct.
- Affirmative Action Compliance. From Affirmative Action Plan preparation and implementation, to audit response and beyond.
- Workplace Training. Conducted by experienced employment lawyers on a variety of topics, including NYS-compliant sexual harassment training, with live and on-demand options.
- Not-for-Profit Matters. Entity formation, tax-exempt status, bylaws and corporate governance, conflicts of interest and related party transactions, mergers/consolidations, dissolution, and a host of other legal issues affecting not-for-profit organizations.
- General Corporate. Assistance for for-profit entities of all types and sizes in navigating a broad spectrum of issues and commercial transactions, such as corporate restructuring, sales, capitalization, and complex mergers and acquisitions.
- Commercial Real Estate. Operation and financing of real and personal property, including contractual, licensing, reporting, and compliance matters, as well as matters related to insurance, litigation, and banking.