County Waste's Christmas Bike Promise A Success Thanks To Sponsors, Employees
Santa’s helpers at County Waste & Recycling Clifton Park were busy building 250 bikes for deserving charities and giving them away as part of County Waste and Recycling’s annual Christmas Bike Promise.
The employees and management at County Waste in Clifton Park have spearheaded the Christmas Bike Promise for the past eight years as a way to support the community and those in need.
In the program’s first year, 50 bikes were donated to charities. Thanks to generous sponsors and employees who donate both their time and money, the program has grown consistently over the years resulting in 250 bikes this year.
Funding for the program comes from employee fundraisers, vendors and sponsors. To top off the funding needs, County Waste & Recycling matches the total. This year, employees raised $4,700, business partners donated $4,000.
Business partners that donated to the Christmas Bike Promise:
- Watkins Spring
- Hoffman Car Wash
- Environment Chemical & Equipment
- Awards by Walsh's
- Ballston Spa National Bank
- Long Energy
- Canaday Sweepers
- Mark Boushard
- Jiffy Lube
- Hannoush Jewelers
County Waste & Recycling in Clifton Park would like to thank these generous business partners for the support of this program and the employees who made it possible to assemble and distribute 250 bikes this year.
Organizations that received donated bikes were:
- Things of my very own-Schenectady, NY
- Mechanicville Community Center-Mechanicville, NY
- Parsons Early Learning-Schenectady, NY
- Troy Boys and Girls Club-Troy, NY Ballston
- Area Community Center-Ballston Spa, NY
- Rosa Venerini Early Childhood Center-Schenectady, NY
- Albany Housing Authority-Albany, NY