Career and Technical Education Students Compete at SkillsUSA
CASTLETON, N.Y.: On March 16, career and technical education (CTE) students from Rensselaer Educational Center and Columbia-Greene Educational Center competed at the SkillsUSA Area III Regional competition.
Each trade had their own competition for students like servicing automobiles, preparing dinners, and styling hair as part of the annual competition testing job-related and technical skills. There was also competition in job skill demonstration, related technical math, and prepared speech. It is judged by industry professionals.
Students who placed at the regionals will move on to the NYS Competition on April 27-29 in Syracuse, NY.
Congratulations to all Questar III students who competed in the competition!
Rensselaer Educational Center, Troy
- March Monthie (East Greenbush) - Related Technical Math
- Christian Cirincione (East Greenbush) - HVAC
- Jake MacNary (Hoosic Valley) - Precisions Heavy Equipment
- Zoe Jaeger (East Greenbush) - Cosmetology Sr
- Mia Hart (East Greenbush) - Crime Scene Investigation
- Shawn Hoag (East Greenbush) - Crime Scene Investigation
- Colin Russell (Lansingburgh) - Crime Scene Investigation
Columbia-Greene Educational Center, Hudson
- Nathan Meier (Taconic Hills) - EMT
- Kiera Baitsholts (Greenville) - HVAC
- Amaya Anderson (Taconic Hills) - Cosmetology
- Eva Nelson (Ichabod Crane) - EMT
- Calvin Keller (Ichabod Crane) - Auto Technology
- Jasmine Ameling (Ichabod Crane) - Cosmetology
- Chloe Ross (Greenville) - Auto Services
- Emma Schatzel (Greenville) - Cosmetology
- Garret Cunningham (Cairo-Durham) - Auto Technology
- Cierra Ford (Cairo Durham) - Welding
SkillsUSA is a national organization for high school students enrolled in CTE programs. It provides quality education experiences for students in leadership, teamwork, citizenship and character development.