Capital District Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) Commencement
Capital District Educational Opportunity Center Celebrates 53rd Annual Graduation Ceremony
CONTACT: Hudson Valley Community College Communications and Marketing, (518) 629-8071
FOR RELEASE: Immediate, Thursday, June 27, 2019
What: The Capital District Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) will host its 53rd annual graduation ceremony this evening. The class of 2019 includes 265 graduates will receive 305 certificates of completion from 16 academic, business, service and technical programs.
When: Thursday, June 27, 2019. Ceremony begins at 6 p.m.; graduates assemble at 5 p.m.
Where: Hudson Valley Community College
McDonough Sports Complex
80 Vandenburgh Ave.
Troy, NY 12180
Who: Graduates, family and friends; EOC faculty and staff; and Hudson Valley Community College administrators and trustees will attend.
- Dr. Roger Ramsammy, President, Hudson Valley Community College
- Neil Kelleher, Chairman, Hudson Valley Community College Board of Trustees
- Dr. Lucille Marion, Vice President/Executive Director, Capital District Educational Opportunity Center
- Krystal Di Novo, Welding Program Graduate, Student Representative, Capital District Educational Opportunity Center
- Kent Goldwire, Senior Staff Associate for Strategic EOC Initiatives, University Center for Academic and Workforce Development, State University of New York
Details: The EOC is a division of Hudson Valley Community College and part of SUNY’s University Center for Academic and Workforce Development. It delivers comprehensive, community-based academic and workforce development programs, and provides support services leading to enhanced employment opportunities, access to further education, personal growth and development. The EOC’s services are provided free of charge for those who are eligible. Nearly 50,000 EOC students have gained self-confidence in their own potential, realized education and career goals, and obtained self-sufficiency and economic independence since 1966.