CAP COM Launches Annual Big Benefit Raffle
CAP COM Federal Credit Union and its charitable giving arm, the CAP COM Cares Foundation, have announced the launch of the 2020 BIG Benefit Raffle. Once a year, the credit union runs a two-month campaign offering a chance to win up to $10,000. Tickets, priced at $25 each, can be purchased by anyone. This year’s raffle will run through May 1st or when tickets sell out. A maximum of 5,000 raffle tickets will be sold.
The BIG Benefit Raffle will raise a grand total of $125,000 and the funds are distributed in three ways. $26,000 will be awarded to nine ticket winners for cash prizes between $1,000 and $10,000; $10,000 will go towards the CAP COM Cares Foundation Scholarship & Awards program; and the remaining $89,000 will be distributed year-round to CAP COM Cares Foundation’s local non-profit partners.
This year CAP COM is proud to grant 40 scholarships including two new scholarships for members who are attending trade schools and adults who are continuing their education. The categories include:
- (20) $2,500 Legacy Scholarships in the names of Paula Stopera, Weidner “Ed” David & Ed Gilligan.
- (4) $2,500 Trade Scholarships in the name of Tony Celeste for members who are attending a trade school.
- (4) $2,500 Lifelong Learner Scholarships for members who are above the age of 26 who are going back to school.
- (1) $2,500 Technology Scholarship in the name of Art Goedeke for members who are pursuing a degree in computer science or technology.
- (2) $2,500 Shenendehowa Scholarships for high school seniors of Shen High School, based on CAP COM’s partnership with the district’s student run Branch.
- (9) $1,000 Making a Difference Awards for both students and educators who are making a difference in their communities.
“We are thrilled to launch this year’s annual Big Benefit Raffle in support of both our Scholarship and Awards program, as well as our Foundation partners,” said Chris McKenna, President and CEO, CAP COM. “We have always supported the strong belief that education is the foundation of a better future, so it’s our obligation to deliver this program. It will allow us to support hundreds of nonprofits in the Capital Region as well as students and educators who aspire to achieve great things.
The cash prize drawing will be held May 13 at CAP COM’s Financial Center, located at 4 Winners Circle, Albany. A separate scholarship breakfast for the scholarship and award winners will be held in June. The annual BIG Benefit Raffle is one of three large CAP COM Cares fundraisers held annually.