2018 Tech Awards: Call for Nominations!
Center for Economic Growth is accepting applications for award recognition from both Companies and Individuals working in Tech Valley’s technology community. Nominations are encouraged from a variety of high-tech industries, including advanced materials, manufacturing, renewable energy, biotech/medical, software/IT and nanotechnology. New for 2018: Application process will consist of two parts: (1) Online Form (2) Video Submission.
- Economic Winner: Company is more than 5 years old; has 20+ employees in the region; $8M+ in annual revenue and exhibits substantial and sustained growth in sales and profitability
- Lift-Off: Company is 2-10 years old; has 2+ employees in the region; has $1M+ in annual revenue and has overcome initial funding barriers and demonstrates scaling of business
- Start-Up Star: Company is 1-5 years old; has 1+ employees in the region; has under $1M in annual revenue; has formed a legal entity and is an early-stage start-up.
- Technology Innovation: Company must have formed a legal entity; has 1+ employees in the region, and has (a) developed new technology and is using it to serve new markets, (b) leveraged new technology that has led to increases in own productivity, sales or new markets, or (c) taken technology from another entity and brought it into the market via tech transfer.
- Technology Trailblazer: Individual who has contributed to the development of the technology economy in the Capital Region through the formation of new business(es), products or processes OR Individual who exemplifies risk-taking entrepreneurial spirit OR Individual who has contributed to development of new technology through research that has been adopted by an industry or has been commercialized by them or another company.
- Jeffrey A. Lawrence Lifetime Contributor Award: Individual who has shaped and had a clear impact on the technology community in the Capital Region; Individual who has offered their time, expertise and knowledge networks in support of technology companies and entrepreneurs.