Virtual Infant/Toddler Teacher
Work location: Troy, NY
At CEO, we believe that every child deserves the best possible start in life. Our Early Head Start Program serves children from six weeks to three years old. The Program prepares infants and toddlers for success at an early age, teaching them skills they will use in Head Start and beyond.
Virtual Teacher Responsibilities:
- Promote children’s development and learning through the implementation of a developmentally appropriate virtual based curriculum for families and children through virtual weekly classes
- Recruit children for the Early Head Start Program; working with their families on goal planning; completing strengths and needs assessments; providing community referrals and resources;
planning and conducting two virtual socializations’ per month
- Encourage and support parental involvement in the virtual visits, group experiences and all other opportunities offered by the program
- Although this position is currently providing services virtually, candidate must live in the capital region of New York State. Home based services will resume at a future date.
- Home Visitor CDA, Family Development Credential or Infant/Toddler CDA OR Minimum of 12 Early Childhood Education credits with-in an AAS Degree program
- Must possess knowledge of Infant/Toddler child development and family interaction
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Experience working with diverse populations
- A clean and valid NYS Driver's License
If not already in place, CEO will assist the candidate for this position in obtaining their Home Visitor Child Development Associate (CDA) or Family Development Credential (FDC) within the first year of employment.
Check out our benefit package! CEO offers:
* Medical, dental, vision
* Free access to a Telemedicine provider
* Paid Time Off
* Professional development during work hours
* Consideration for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programs
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Paid Holidays
Please note: applicants for this position will be required to complete standard background clearances, which include fingerprints, New York State Child Abuse clearances, a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) search, a physical, TB Test, and pre-employment drug screen.