Student Accounts Specialist
Serve as the primary office contact for phone/email and counter inquiries from students, faculty, parents, and other administrative offices and outside agencies. The Student Accounts Specialist will assist with the front counter functions of the Student Accounts operation on both campuses to include cashiering, accounts receivable, and student account collections. This position will have responsibility, as assigned by the Director of Student Accounts, for all student account collection activities for students currently enrolled in one of Russell Sage College. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and changing environment. Must be able to multi-task with ability to handle situations with a keen sensitivity to issues requiring tact and diplomacy. Must be sensitive to the confidentiality of material/conversations and act appropriately. Comprehension of Russell Sage College and the policy and procedures to provide the best assistance possible to all constituents.
The Student Accounts Specialist is specifically responsible for:
- Serving as primary greeter and provider of services to meet the needs of visitors to the office and those individuals who telephone the office.
- Assist coordinator with web updates, communications management updates and office communications.
- Provide information and guidance to students and parents in the area of student accounts.
- Empowered to make decisions that will benefit the student and institution at large.
- Maintain and distribute all appropriate forms for student accounts, as needed, or provide guidance to website options.
- Receive and process appropriate information from enrolled students. This includes but is not limited to: Sponsorship forms, Tuition Waivers, student account payments, and payments for transcripts, graduation applications, etc.
- Pickup and distribute mail.
- Perform required data entry for student accounts and ensure the accuracy of all information in the database.
- Receive and post miscellaneous funds from campus groups, faculty, etc.
- Request and distribute student refunds, distribute paychecks and other checks to faculty, staff and students, distribute travel.
- Reconcile daily cash receipts and prepare for deposit and complete deposit with bank.
- Maintain petty cash disbursement/receipts.
- Assisting with special billing programs offered at the college.
- Assisting students and/or parents with expedient resolution of accounts receivable issues to meet the needs of currently enrolled students with special circumstances and subsequent follow-up, as needed to ensure compliance and/or payment.
- Following up proactively on current, open student receivable balances for resolution of any issues relating to account status
- Coordinating of student account review prior to registration activities as pertains to Student Services hold flags being placed on students with active, open balances.
- Other related duties as appropriately assigned by the Director of Student Accounts.
Qualifications: Bachelor degree. Prior experience in a customer service role with excellent math skills. Experience in higher education / accounts receivable preferred. Ability to multi-task in a busy work environment and handle situations requiring sensitivity to confidentiality of material and situations. Ellucian/Colleague and Informer experience preferred. Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft office products required. Student-centered approach to student accounts processes.
Russell Sage College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Russell Sage College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- No phone calls please.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
- Reports to: Director of Student Accounts
Information about the college's COVID-19 policies and vaccine mandate can be found on the COVID-19 resources webpage.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents by clicking on the APPLY NOW button and follow the steps.
- Cover letter
- A list of three professional references (Name, phone number, email address etc.)
Please Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your cover letter and any additional documents you wish to send.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Sage Colleges Careers Account to check your completed application.Send letter of application, resume, and list of three professional references