Sr. Graphics Programmer
We are Velan Studios, an independent game developer with a passion for the unconventional, and we are looking for great programmers with graphics expertise to add to our team. We have three requirements:
1. We use C (our preference) and C++ (if we must), to create games and related things. You must be very comfortable in C and C++, and have produced at least one major project using C/C++.
2. Our curiosity drives us. You must be deeply curious about something, and have some evidence of that curiosity. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate of a pattern of persistent and self-motivated exploration.
3. At least five years of graphics programming experience on modern console/mobile hardware.
We use a collaborative, cross-discipline, and iterative development process. We work on constrained hardware (CPU, GPU, memory) and with hard performance targets (60Hz refresh rate). Beyond that, the problem domain is very broad. Some of the big-ticket items on our backlog right now:
• Work with art director to establish unique visual style. Write the tech to make it happen.
• Understand the graphics performance characteristics of our target hardware. While graphics is your area expertise, we do not hire programmers so that they may work exclusively in one specialized area. Programmers should own areas of our technology, but have the flexibility to work across the codebase.
In addition to the two requirements above, future members of the programming team need to be ready to embrace our studio values including:
• World class through unconventional thinking.
• Respect for players and colleagues. Ready for the responsibility that comes from that respect.
• Regional technology and game development community engagement.
If you think Velan Studios might be a fit for you, please apply: • Email [email protected] with a resume and cover letter. Put “Graphics Programmer” in the subject line. • In your cover letter, please share one thing you are passionate about – it can be completely unrelated to programming and games – and what personal or professional output has come from this interest.