Property Manager - Full-time
For more than forty years, MMS Group and its affiliates (Arco Management, TUC Management and GoldOller Real Estate Investments) has been dedicated to quality property management. Our growing portfolio exceeds 40,000 residential units and includes high-rise luxury buildings, affordable housing cooperatives, subsidized rental properties, supportive housing, and conventional apartment buildings. Our clients include progressive building owners, governmental agencies, real estate entrepreneurs, financiers, not-for-profit organizations, and cooperative and condominium boards. While each community and client are unique, each shares our singular commitment to excellence.
If you are interested in joining a growing team of dedicated professionals in our high-tech environment, then we invite you to learn more about MMS career opportunities. We offer competitive salaries and benefits and afford our employees the ability for growth and advancement through continuous training and education programs. Contact us today to see how you can achieve your MMS Edge.
We have several openings for an experienced Property Managers to manage Low Income Housing Tax Credit properties located in Troy, NY (near Albany).
The Property Manager will be responsible, under the direction of the Regional Manager, for the overall management of site operations and supervision of maintenance of the physical property. Above all else, the spirit of teamwork and cooperation with other team members will not only improve the job you do but enhance the entire work experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collect rent and maintain computer records; follow-up delinquent accounts and pursue collections in accordance with established procedures.
• Monitor expenses to ensure spending is within guidelines.
• Maintain tenant files and related documentation regarding continuing eligibility and adjustments.
• Show vacant apartments utilizing professional marketing procedures.
• Address resident concerns in a professional manner.
• Hire, train, and supervise site staff and oversee overall maintenance of the property.
• Conduct property inspections.
• Complete income verification to ensure eligibility with government regulations.
• Handle the financial operations of the properties.
Qualifications for this Position
• Applicants must have Low Income Housing Tax Credit experience*
• Knowledge of Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD") rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property management, such as Fair Housing Laws, Landlord-Tenant Law, OSHA Standards, local and state building codes.
• High school education or equivalent.
• Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Three+ years of multi-family residential management experience – minimum two years affordable housing experience
• Ability to work independently, organize tasks, manage time and prioritize projects
• Must have experience in Section 8 voucher submission, tax-credit and OneSite Software
• LIHTC Certification, preferred
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision plans, and 401k. This position is bonus eligible. Please send resume to [email protected] or visit our career center at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment…- 4371-a33b-7446c54209fc&ccId=795404730_1384&type=MP&lang=en_US
Equal Opportunity Employer