Mini-Repair Program Coordinator
Position: Mini-Repair Program Coordinator
Hours: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM Monday to Friday
The Mini-Repair Program provides labor free of charge for minor home repair to elderly, disabled and very low-income homeowners in Rensselaer County. The homeowner pays for the cost of the materials. The program began in 1998.
Minimum Job Functions
- Client Intake-The Mini-Repair Program Coordinator receives calls from prospective clients and provides them with information about the program and its eligibility requirements. The Coordinator evaluates client eligibility, client needs and the ability to serve those needs through the Mini-Repair Program. The Coordinator evaluates larger jobs and refer clients to other services. Records of service requests and client eligibility will be maintained at all times.
- Housing Repairs-The Mini-Repair Coordinator provides repair work to eligible clients. Before commencing repairs, the Coordinator provides the client with the estimated cost of materials and the schedule for the completion of the work. The Coordinator purchases materials and completes the agreed-upon repair work. Accurate and timely records of purchases are to be maintained and processed through the payout procedures.
- Maintain Inventory and Tools-The Mini-Repair Program Coordinator will inventory and maintain an adequate supply of materials to conduct the Mini-Repair Program.
- Referral to Other Agencies-The Mini-Repair Program Coordinator will be aware of the non-housing needs of both clients and other county residents. The Coordinator will work with other staff to refer people in need to the appropriate social service agency.
- Attendance at Meetings-The Mini-Repair Program Coordinator shall attend meetings and provide program information to groups with potential customers as needed.
- Home repair experience.
- Customer service orientated, professionally approachable in person and on telephone, with excellent boundaries.
- Must have own tools
- Clean driver’s license
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to respectfully communicate with all customers.
- The qualification requirements, physical demands and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the supervisor or other management personnel.
For more information/send resume and cover letter to: [email protected].