Marketing & Communications Specialist
The Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce (RCRCC) is a key player in the economic development of Rensselaer County and the Capital Region as a whole. The Chamber is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to improve the economic vitality and quality of life for both businesses and residents of the Region.
The Chamber’s office is in the historic Proctor’s building amid trendy downtown Troy. Come join an energetic team that is making a difference in the community, and work in a thriving and hip small city!
The RCRCC has an immediate opening for a full-time Marketing & Communications Specialist, to work on-site in the Troy office (subject to CDC and DOH COVID guidelines).
- Develop and oversee all aspects of marketing and communications for the organization;
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan and content calendar;
- Develop marketing collateral to promote events and initiatives;
- Produce weekly e-newsletter;
- Provide content for monthly newsletter;
- Maintain website content;
- Maintain Chamber’s presence on social media channels including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram;
- Promote member ribbon-cutting ceremonies;
- Coordinate public relations and media activities;
- Sell and manager Chamber advertising;
- Assist members with their own marketing initiatives.
Our small team and collaborative culture require that each member assist all coworkers and members and manage administrative tasks related to their position, including database entry and assistance in all areas of the organization as needed.
- BA/BS in communications, marketing, business, or equivalent work experience;
- At least one year of work experience in marketing and communications;
- Expertise in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, website content management software, database management software, and social media;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Must adhere to the Chamber’s organizational values including Quality & Service, Initiative, Creativity, Timeliness and Teamwork;
- Must have valid driver’s license and daily access to reliable transportation;
- Must be available to attend events in the Capital Region of New York some mornings and evenings;
- Must be able to be agile and adaptable in these uncertain times, while maintaining a sense of humor and having fun at work!
- Competitive compensation and PTO;
- Retirement plan with Chamber match;
- Chamber-paid health insurance and Telemedicine benefit;
- Downtown Troy parking;
- Downtown Troy location!
All sound good to you? Please apply on LinkedIn.
Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.