Looking to join an energetic team focused on family farmers? At Garelick Farms, whether we are in production, transportation, finance, or logistics, every day we have the opportunity to make an impact. Without us, family farmer's milk does not reach our communities.
If you are a skilled technical maintenance leader, we have a job for you! Join our team and help lead our skilled maintenance technicians.
Provide work direction and supervision to maintenance employees to ensure the effective delivery of maintenance services in accordance with the company’s policies, OSHA regulations, and applicable laws. Function as a resource and point of escalation to direct reports. Coach, mentor, and provide performance development opportunities to team members on an ongoing basis.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prioritize and assign daily jobs and work orders and provide clear direction to maintenance employees. Oversee pass down issues. Monitor activities to ensure an efficient and safe maintenance operation.
• Ensure maintenance staff has a good understanding of work practices and procedures
• Assist the maintenance manager to ensure that all preventative maintenance work orders are completed within the given time. Assist with everyday maintenance issues and repairs.
• Actively support and implement preventative maintenance programs; schedule and provide constant monitoring of the preventative maintenance program and make adjustments as needed
• Serve as first point of contact for emergency maintenance requests
• Oversee the repairs and maintenance of all plant equipment
• Assist in developing procedures and policies for maintenance department
• Complete and maintain record keeping using databases and computerized maintenance management systems
• Support work for proper root cause analysis on breakdowns or failures to ensure equipment breakdown issues are addressed and resolved
• Assist the maintenance manager on capital and special projects
• Work with inventory or supply employees to ensure an adequate inventory of spare parts and equipment
• Demonstrate ability to work unsupervised and make competent decisions when the maintenance manager is not available
• Remain current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation
• Provide staff with the necessary training on existing and new equipment
• Complete supervisory activities such as administering employee promotions and transfers; reviewing and editing employee timekeeping; completing performance evaluations; mentoring, training, and coaching employees
• Follow all DFA good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in a manner consistent with all company regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements
• The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Undergraduate degree (or equivalent combination of experience and education)
• 2 to 5 years of maintenance or related experience coupled with demonstrated leadership aptitude, team lead experience, or supervisory experience
• Experience leading and following safety policies and procedures
• Certification and/or License – may be required during course of employment; electrical, welding, boiler, refrigeration, compressed air, wastewater, or plumbing licenses or certificates preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong knowledge of facility equipment
• Knowledge of and skill with Microsoft Office Suite and company computer systems
• Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision, training, and personnel management
• Able to lead and instruct others on the proper and safe procedures
• Able to perform all required preventative, productive, predictive, and scheduled maintenance procedures
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Able to work in collaboration effectively and foster good teamwork
• Able to think and use independent judgment in planning and organizing multiple tasks and information
• Able to demonstrate initiative and follow through on day-to-day responsibilities
• Able to adapt to changing operational needs and lead others through change
• Able to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
Apply online at www.dfamilk.com/careers