HOUSING COMPLIANCE CLERK
Department: Code Enforcement and Planning Department
Salary: CSEA Grade 6, $37,650; After One Year $39,532
Application Deadline: Until Filled
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
This is an entry level technical position in Code Enforcement and the Planning Department requiring knowledge of database, mapping, and routine web page maintenance. The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Principal Code Inspector with some leeway for independent action. The position does not require the supervision of others.
EXAMPLES OF WORK; (Illustrative only)
• Establish and maintain database systems to catalog and organize information needed for assessing code and housing compliance throughout the City;
• Assist in the development of data systems for use in Code Enforcement, Engineering and Planning
• Assist in the maintenance of webpage information for Code Enforcement, Code Enforcement, Engineering and Planning Department;
• Utilize Geographic Information Systems (ArcGIS, QGIS or a similar software program) to map data collected by
Code Enforcement for compliance with various city initiatives and regulatory requirements and produce graphic representation of data collected for use in developing code enforcement and planning strategies;
• Utilize a variety of Microsoft Office or similar programs to produce forms and documents;
• Maintain the Vacant Building Registry and other registries (Landlord, Sprinkler, Elevator, etc.) as assigned;
• Assist Code Enforcement and the Engineering Department with unsafe building notices;
• Other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Working knowledge of currently used software in the areas of code enforcement, planning and economic development; knowledge of web page maintenance; knowledge of office terminology, procedures, routines and equipment; ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions; ability to work independently; ability to get along well with others; clerical aptitude; mental alertness; good judgment; tact and courtesy; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED; AND
A) Two (2) years of clerical work experience;
B) One (1) year of work experience in a records management program.
The selected qualified candidate will be required to take an exam administered by the NYS Dept. of Civil Service and become reachable on the resulting eligible list to secure permanent status in the title. If not a Troy resident, the successful candidate will have ninety (90) days to move into the City and maintain residency.
The City of Troy is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Hiring and promotion decisions in the City service are based solely upon qualifications and ability, and the City does not discriminate on any other basis. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please forward *Employment Application demonstrating that you meet the minimum qualifications to:
City of Troy Personnel/Civil Service Office
433 River Street
Troy, NY 12180
Email: [email protected]
You may submit a resume in addition to a complete City of Troy Employment Application