Emergency Road Service Manager
AAA Hudson Valley is looking for an Emergency Road Service Manager. This is a hands on position and is a working manager position. This position supervises employees who are handling member calls, dispatchers and drivers (up to 35 people).
This position requires an automotive knowledge/background. A logistic/dispatch background is preferred. We are looking for a true leader. A Superhero; if you will. You must lead by example, be able to communicate effectively, and enforce changes as they come.
The incumbent should have a distinctive management style that has proven results.
We are looking for someone with open availability as we are a 24/7 operation. This is not your typical 9 to 5 Monday through Friday job. There may be some evenings or weekends required to ensure your department is running smoothly or need to fill in. This is also an on-call position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence. Provide direction and monitor progress towards the development and implementation of strategic programs and services within the department.
- Managing staff; ensure customer satisfaction; increase member communication and customer loyalty; team member development; manage daily operations.
- Review performance of staff, conduct staff meetings; develop and maintain department policies, procedures, and training schedules; schedule and assign work activities of supervisory staff.
- Coordinate emergency operations during weather and other natural disaster events and ensure effective communication both internally and externally.
- Provide answers to members’ questions and handles complaints. Resolves member issues and ensures that customer problems are researched and corrected.
- Holds staff accountable and follow up with any and all issues proactively.
- Responsible for oversight of all building operations
- Monitor staff and calls to ensure our policies and procedures are being followed by all.
- Report and adhere to National Standards
- Bachelors Degree
- 6-8 years of proven leadership, supervision and team building
- Ability to communicate with and effectively motivate, train, and develop subordinate team members. Foster an environment for teamwork and productive working relationships with colleagues, outside agencies, as well as the public.
- Automotive knowledge
- Positive communication skills, able to problem solve effectively and in a timely manner.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively, follow through to ensure completion
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, demanding environment
- Data collection and analytics experience preferred
- Track record of improving business and/or business processes
- Thorough knowledge of industry and market trends
- The ability to innovate and think strategically
- Familiarity with vehicle inspection, repair, and maintenance
- Familiarity with logistics, DOT regulations, and safety procedures
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year