Director of Donor Experience and Alumni Engagement
Master’s Degree and one (1) year of administrative or non-profit experience; The preferred candidate will have experience working with college alumni in a post-secondary environment.
Nature and Scope of Duties
The Director of Donor Experience and Alumni Engagement reports to the Chief Advancement Officer/Executive Director and/or their designee and performs the following duties:
1. Oversee and implement annual fundraising efforts and alumni programs. Supervises and works with the advancement team to implement a comprehensive program incorporating annual, capital and major gift fund raising with particular emphasis on identifying, cultivating, and developing strategies for closing major and planned gifts.
2. Working with the Advancement staff, identifies, researches, analyzes, and evaluates prospective major gift donors; and insure the database is utilized optimally, and recordkeeping is compliant.
3. Works with high-level volunteers and key faculty and executive staff to identify, cultivate and solicit prospects. Prospects and donors will include individuals, foundations and corporations.
4. Working with the Advancement staff responsible for designing and coordinating events and other activities for alumni and donor stewardship and cultivation.
5. Ensures compliance for the Foundation Scholarship Program, Awards and Funds; maintaining and updating departmental and donor agreements.
6. Assists the Executive Director as liaison to the college’s retiree association, “ Keepers of the Flame” ensuring accuracy of retiree database and assisting the group in developing educational, social volunteer opportunities and communicating those events to members.
7. Working with the Executive Director, prepares cultivation and solicitation strategies and policies/procedures for volunteers, College faculty/staff and the college President and oversees follow-up strategies for each donor prospect and stewardship activities.
8. Supervises the Advancement office staff including but not limited to evaluation, professional development and training.
9. May represent the Foundation in the absence of the Chief Advancement Officer/Executive Director.
10. Serve as the liaison to the Alumni Association Committee of the Foundation Board of Directors and manage all communications, activities and initiatives of the Committee including meetings and events.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.