Construction Field Representative
Position Location: Downstate NY
H2H Geoscience Engineering, a highly reputable multi-discipline Engineering, Construction, Environmental, and Survey & Mapping firm, is seeking to fill the position of Field Representative which covers Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, Dutchess, Ulster, Orange, and Sullivan Counties.
The Field Representative assists the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager in all aspects of a construction project, including ensuring compliance with contract provisions, evaluating and making recommendations related to project budgets and schedules, and developing recovery plans related to quality, budget, and schedule. This position will travel within the counties listed above, candidate must have reliable transportation at all times and work remotely.
• Monitor and observe construction, installation, and testing of building systems and technology, operation, and maintenance of buildings and/or facilities on a daily basis ensuring compliance with construction documents.
• Read, interpret, and comprehend contract plans, specifications, addenda, bidding documents, contracts and other related materials and recommend approaches to resolving issues to the Project Manager.
• Ensure compliance with contract provisions and the quality of design and construction work performed contractors.
• Conduct or participate in mechanical, electrical, and structural quality assurance field inspections.
• Represent H2H as liaison to client agency. Interact with client agency and make recommendations regarding project approach.
• Conduct and/or attend joint scope, job, progress, and coordination meetings.
• Prepare notes and minutes of meetings and coordinate the associated follow-up.
• Monitor project activities
• Coordinate consultant and contractor deliverables through thorough understanding of contract deliverables, pre-construction meetings, construction manager orientations, project health assessments, monthly project meetings, and contract closeout checklists.
• Utilize project data to prepare status reports and other specialized reports.
• Estimate costs and monitor the project budget, making recommendations to the Project Manager as needed
• Review and monitor project schedule; report observations, and make related recommendations to Project Manager.
• Prepare, evaluate, and make recommendations to Project Manager related to change order proposals.
• Assist in the evaluation of claims and make recommendations to Project Manager.
• Develop and maintain records for the project and/or program including contract documents, files, logs, lists and other records, and utilize project management/reporting systems for recording all project activities.
• Consult with code enforcement agencies regarding the interpretation and application of building codes and regulations.
• Manage assigned projects under the direction of the Project Manager.
• Five years relevant experience or high school diploma
• Construction industry experience with public or private projects including construction inspection or supervision of construction projects.
• 10-hour OSHA
• 30-hour OSHA
• Knowledge of NYS Building Codes
• Construction field experience including sequencing and installation of work
• Ability to read and comprehend plans, specifications, addenda, bid materials, contracts and related construction documents.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Demonstrated record of taking initiative.
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills