Assistant Director of Financial Aid-Student Loans
Russell Sage College is now hiring for an Assistant Director of Financial Aid - Student Loans
About Russell Sage College:
Russell Sage College is a dynamic, comprehensive college of approximately 2,600 students. Through a strong liberal education curriculum and progressive academic programs, Russell Sage College serves traditional students and working professionals who pursue bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees on campuses in Troy and Albany, NY. Russell Sage College also offers online programs.
The Assistant Director Financial Aid is responsible for the certification and disbursement of the federal Direct Loan Program at Russell Sage College. This position will serve as primary point of contact for the federal loan program. Responsibilities are inclusive of counseling of students and their families, as needed, with regard to loan eligibility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of financial aid files and the processing of federal loans according to federal, state and institutional guidelines as pertain to loan packaging and loan certification requirements
- Complete monthly direct loan reconciliation
- Counseling of students and families as relates to all loan activities including eligibility and options available
- Assist the Director in the development of office policies, practices and strategies directly related to loan programs to ensure institutional compliance and best practices
- Coordination of exit counseling activities for students on leave of absence, withdrawn and graduating students
- Resolution of issues pertaining to Direct Loan Program including tracking of outstanding loans to insure timely receipt of funds; working closely with Director of Student Accounts to ensure compliance with federal regulations regarding posting and disbursement practices
- Process Graduate Assistantships
- Participate in Admissions Activities as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Financial Aid
- Associate Degree Required;
- Ability to work effectively within an ethnic, cultural and socially diverse student population;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills to effectively communicate with students, staff, faculty, and the general public in a courteous manner;
- Self-motivated and ability to work individually or as part of a team;
- Strong organizational and management skills;
- Datatel/Colleague experience preferred and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
Russell Sage College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Russell Sage College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- No phone calls please.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
- Reports to: Director of Financial Aid
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.