Annual Giving, Alumni Relations, Special Events Coordinator
The Alumni Relations and Special Events Coordinator reports to the Chief Advancement Officer and/or their designee and performs the following duties:
1. Develops and implements annual giving campaigns, utilizing print, email, phonathon and social media outlets.
2. Serves as staff liaison to Alumni Committee of the Foundation Board of Directors. Works with the Alumni Committee to plan events that generate revenue for and cultivate leadership level donors to the Annual Campaign.
3. Assists with employee giving, student giving and other on-campus fundraising initiatives.
4. Coordinates all Office of Institutional Advancement and Foundation events to include: alumni cultivation events; Golf Classic; Foundation Gala; Leadership Donor, Scholarship and Heritage Club Receptions. Develops and manages invitation lists, communication pieces, registration forms and social media. Prepares event reports.
5. Conducts face-to-face Alumni/donor/prospect visits, focusing on generating new and renewing lapsed giving and event sponsorships.
6. Implements standard protocol for follow-up solicitation letters/face-to-face visits.
7. Staff liaison to the Office of Communications and Marketing for campus, Advancement and Foundation publications and events; to include invitations, brochures and annual Impact Report.
8. Co-Chairperson of Homecoming Weekend Committee. Coordinates with campus student’s office including athletics, student senate and center for academic engagement.
9. Member of Commencement Committee representing Office of Institutional Advancement and Global Outreach Team.
10. Secondary database administrator for Raiser’s Edge database; oversees contact updates and biographical record keeping, including employment information, address changes, personal attributes, deceased and events module data entry.
11. Maintains and utilizes Blackboard products. Works closely with both Enterprise Operations and ITS to maximize the efficiency of third-party software.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree and one (1) year of experience in the development and/or alumni relations field.
Preferred: Experience with an annual giving program, assisting with events, soliciting event sponsorships, and preferably working with college alumni. Competency with Raiser’s Edge, SCT Banner or an equivalent donor management system, and proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications; preference for proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
Pertinent Other: Strong organizational skills, excellent interpersonal and writing skills, a high level of energy, initiative and creativity, a collaborative team-oriented style, a customer service mindset and high ethical standards. Demonstrable attention to detail, the ability to analyze and synthesize data and the ability to push initiatives forward to garner results. The ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, the personal presence and credibility to foster trust and confidence, and the ability to relate to people at all levels within the college and community.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a 12-month full-time position with the salary range of $38,000-$42,000.
Hudson Valley offers a competitive benefit package which includes low cost health insurance and a generous leave policy.
To apply, please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs and complete the online application before the close date of December 5, 2021.