REPORTS TO: School Business Administrator
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time 12-month Employee
Responsibilities include month-end closing, financial statement preparation, and billing for a
small, urban, charter school. Operations responsibilities include asset tagging, technology
maintenance, and facility maintenance. Position includes a generous leave policy.
● Manage general ledger, including month-end and annual close.
● Prepare all monthly journal entries including deferrals, accruals, prepaids and fixed
● Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, including nine bank accounts.
● Maintain billing spreadsheet and prepare billing documents, including invoices and credit
memos, for seven annual school tuition billings. Maintenance of the billing spreadsheet
includes verifying, requesting and tracking all supporting details for student proof of
residency, district registrations and address changes, which entails communicating with
other staff members, students and families.
● Prepare billing intercepts and provide follow up as needed.
● Prepare invoices for grants and facility rental agreements as needed.
● Prepare and provide all necessary working paper schedules and documents to auditors
in preparation of audit.
● Maintain fixed asset listing and depreciation schedule.
● Prepare monthly summary financial statements.
● Maintain and update asset tracking system.
● Maintain Student 1:1 Chromebook Inventory.
● Facilitate scheduled maintenance and emergency maintenance with outside vendors.
● Duties as otherwise assigned, including stepping into other administrative roles on
occasion when staffing issues emerge, in support of the administrative team.
● Experience with QuickBooks.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and Outlook.
● Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent with proven knowledge.
● A minimum of one year bookkeeping experience; pay will be commensurate with
● Attention to detail and ability to manage a large spreadsheet with accuracy.
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Ability to work in a collaborative environment with staff, students and families.
● Mission-driven orientation and problem solving attitude.
Equal Opportunity Employer