Account Manager, Employee Benefit Services
HANYS Benefit Services (HBS), a subsidiary of the Healthcare Association of New York State, is seeking a full-time Account Manager. This position reports to the Director, Employee Benefit Services, HBS and is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of the client relationship for the purpose of business retention, revenue growth, and overall client satisfaction. Key aspects of the position include:
• Developing and executing customized client service plans
• Negotiating small and large group plan renewals and identifying new sources of revenue opportunities
• Client engagement and education in design, funding, and administration options for benefits plans
• Assessing client risk and recommending appropriate insurance products
Our Ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is motivated, enthusiastic and has exceptional interpersonal and long term relationship building skills. If you have the ability to confidently present information to small and large groups; design benefit plan options and negotiate rates with carriers; build relationships and provide consultative, strategic value to clients in managing employee benefits products and services, we encourage you to apply!
• Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of five (5) years of directly related experience or seven (7) years of related product or client experience.
• New York State Life and Health License required or must be obtained three months post-hire
• Occasional travel as needed.
• Must have the ability and confidence to present, work, and build relationships with senior level staff and be able to provide consultative value to client from a global and strategic perspective.
• Must be a self-starter who is motivated, enthusiastic, and has exceptional human relations and long-term relationship building skills.
• Must be detail oriented, possess good analytical, oral and written communication skills and work well under pressure.
We offer the opportunity to work for a Capital Region Top Employer* with competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012