Healthy Stores Coordinator
About Capital Roots
Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all.
TITLE: Healthy Stores Coordinator REPORTS TO: Food Access Director
We are looking for an organized individual with experience in project management, as well as the ability to deliver multiple program outcomes and work well as a self-starter.
High School diploma or equivalent. 3-5 years of work experience. Excellent customer service, sales and customer retention skills are essential. Must have a clean driving record, positive attitude, high energy level, experience working with diverse communities, capacity to lift 50 pounds and possess a genuine interest in the mission of our organization.
• Coordinate Healthy Store services at all locations, including: the installation and maintenance of produce displays, monitoring store participation, delivering produce orders, and providing technical assistance.
• Develop relationships with store owners, as well as volunteers and interns, to meet program goals with enthusiasm and care; including hosting outreach events.
• Coordinate program finances, including: organizing invoices and payments for orders, keeping accurate pricing schedules, and maintaining daily/monthly accounting reports.
• Assist in management of agreements with all program partners including store owners, customers and agencies.
• Support program data collection and grant reporting.
• Assist other Food Access programs as needed.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• This position is a full-time position (40 hours per week) paid at an hourly rate of $13.50/hr
• We offer comprehensive health care coverage upon hire with fully covered premiums for medical insurance and 75% coverage for dental insurance. We offer plans with low-cost co-pays and deductibles – a benefit of ~$7,400 per year.
• Generous time off every year that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days
• Employer funded pension plan - company contributions begin after 2 years of employment
• Eligibility for the federal government's Public Student Loan Forgiveness program
• Flexible work environment
We seek to foster diversity across our organization and welcome the unique contributions our team members make based on their diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and lived experiences. To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Audrey Bridge, Food Access Director
Capital Roots |594 River Street, Troy NY 12180
Or by email: [email protected]
NO CALLS PLEASE!