The Grant Writer will provide creative writing and support for grants, appeals and marketing collateral.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 3-4 years grant writing experience
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and attention to detail
• Must possess excellent computer skills - Microsoft Office applications and web. Proficiency with donor database systems, such as NeonCRM, a plus
• A positive attitude, high energy level, and a genuine interest in the mission of Capital Roots
• Provide creative writing for:
o Grant narratives across Capital Roots’ 12 program areas for private and government funders
o Donor appeals and special acknowledgements
o Donor and constituent focused marketing collateral and website
• Grant management including reporting and research
• Other development work as needed
SALARY & BENEFITS:
This is a part-time position (25 hours per week) paid on an hourly basis ($20.00/hr). Paid sick days and holidays and a flexible work environment.
About Capital Roots
We seek to foster diversity across our organization and welcome the unique contributions our team members make based on their diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and lived experiences. To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org.
Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all.
Send cover letter, resume and writing sample to:
Sean Wyse, Community Engagement Director
594 River Street, Troy NY 12180
Or by email: [email protected]
NO CALLS PLEASE!