QUALIFICATIONS: Working knowledge of Excel. Previous use of QuickBooks preferred. The person in this role needs to have strong organizational skills, follow directions well and have above average computer skills. They must also have a positive attitude, attention to detail, high energy level, and a genuine interest in the mission of Capital Roots.
• Help maintain the day to day fiscal operations of Capital Roots
• Work with QuickBooks Premier (Nonprofit edition) to help manage the organization’s finances
• Maintain all official accounting records in conformance with generally accepted nonprofit accounting principles
• Provide assistance and support in preparing and maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable records
• Receive and organize mail to create a daily receipts log of incoming donations and customer payments
• Create bi-weekly bank deposits including processing the deposit at the bank and entry into QuickBooks
• Enter organizational expenses into QuickBooks
• Oversee vehicle fleet including monthly maintenance and mileage logs
• Coordinate the ordering of office and program supplies for the organization
• Manage organizations inventory of general supplies
• Coordinate indoor and outdoor building maintenance and cleaning
• Help the Finance Manager with grant reporting and preparation
• Assist the Finance Manager & Operations Director with other related financial and administrative work as needed
• Must participate in Capital Roots events, staff meetings, and perform other duties as needed
SALARY & BENEFITS:
This position is a non-exempt, full-time position (40 hours per week) with starting salary of $28,080 per year. We offer comprehensive health care coverage upon hire with fully covered premiums for medical insurance and 75% coverage for dental insurance. We offer plans with low-cost co-pays and deductibles – a benefit of ~$7,900 per year. In addition to generous vacation time we observe 11 holidays – including three floating holidays – and offer paid personal and sick time. You also have the option to enroll in our 403b retirement plan and are eligible for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness program. Flexible work environment.
About Capital Roots
We seek to foster diversity across our organization and welcome the unique contributions our team members make based on their diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and lived experiences. To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org.
Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Amy Scott, Finance Manager
594 River Street, Troy NY 12180
Or by email: [email protected]
NO CALLS PLEASE!