Facilities Operations Leader
Overview of Your Role
Provide direction and strategic leadership over SEFCU’s facility maintenance, management, and operations. This individual will assume primary responsibility for facility related items in over fifty locations throughout New York State. The incumbent will oversee and participate in facility operations as needed to ensure continuous and smooth operations. Partner with vendors and landlords and manages facility staff to keep operations running smoothly, efficiently and safely.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate daily operations for areas of responsibility and direct management of maintenance, grounds, and facility technician staff.
- Manage facilities staff, run the day-to-day activities, communicate work schedules, drive performance objectives, and provide professional development opportunities
- Negotiate all vendor contracts, solicit bids and quotes in accordance with our Purchase and RFP policies and procedures
- Create Request for Proposals (RFP) where necessary and maintain all preventive maintenance contracts
- Responsible for selection, supervision and managing contractor and trade vendors including but not limited to plumbers, electricians, HVAC
- Oversee various contracting crews, ensuring quality services and repairs and/or installations according to specifications and within budget adhering to tight deadlines at times
- Ensure staff members are trained in all related processes and systems, including safety procedures.
- Utilize Track-it to record and track daily activities
- Review monthly performance/financial reviews as appropriate
- Maintain budgets and ensure accurate internal and external reporting. Be accountable for energy management and conservation.
- Oversee janitorial & maintenance services
- Coordinate activities that support SEFCU operations related to daily building and grounds maintenance, which includes exterior, breakdown, and preventative maintenance.
- Develop and oversee operation of preventative maintenance program and work schedule to ensure minimal non-scheduled down time. Ensure all critical building systems are inspected per code and/or regulatory compliance for Business Continuity.
- Prioritize and develop equipment repairs and replacement timelines.
- Responsible for scheduling and maintaining records of all inspections and maintenance required.
- Assist with exterior building/structure inspections and maintenance to ensure appropriate repair.
- Document preventive maintenance work to provide source documents for internal and external audit purposes
- Coordinate departmental and employee location/work station moves
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, tools and supplies
- Establish, develop and review departmental procedures to insure required standards and practices
- Other duties as assigned
Strategic Oversight (30%)
- Participate in the development of department strategic direction
- Assist in the development of capital budgets for all properties. This includes contributions towards a five-year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives
- Develop, implement, and review work methods and procedures of maintenance functions and implement continuous process improvement when applicable
- Be responsible for proactive maintenance of building and leading major projects related to building maintenance.
- Ensure development of building manuals relative to building equipment operation including but not limited to HVAC and electrical systems pertinent to each building.
- Develop and maintain life cycle plan for all equipment, furniture, and building finishes
Credentials, Experience and Skills
- Minimum seven years related experience in facilities maintenance/management for commercial real estate; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a 100,000+sf leased office environment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- BS/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field preferred
- Experience with administering a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) or computer aided facilities management system (CAFM)
- Knowledge of procurement processes and experience planning and scheduling the repair and maintenance of facilities infrastructures, machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of building systems & maintenance (HVAC, fire life safety, lighting, electrical, plumbing, EV charging stations, etc.)
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines & projects along with a knack for defining and resolving problems quickly, while also spotting inefficiencies
- Knowledge of project management, vendor management, facilities and/or maintenance management.
- Knowledge and experience with common power tools and hand tools and working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and control systems
- Strong mechanical aptitudes, and a working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and central systems.
- Must be able to read blueprints and understand and interpret technical manuals.
- Familiar with local building codes and OSHA regulations
- Familiar with all current health and safety regulations
- Possess computer skills and be proficient in MS Office Suite as well as preventative maintenance and work assignment systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (oral and written) with all employees, contractors, and vendors.
- Ability to mentor and coach others in facility technical matters to enhance facility technician skills and knowledge
- Self-starter, team player, and able to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands and changing priorities
- Provide technical assistance to on-call Facility Technicians when responding to emergencies with is required, including hours outside normal work schedule for emergencies, downed systems and response to problems
- Large amounts of travel to all SEFCU branches, including Capital District and all regional areas; including overnights and weekend hours as required
- Must possess a valid NYS Class D Driver’s License with no DWI conviction(s) within the last three (3) years no more than 8 violation points.
- NYS Driver’s License may not have any active suspensions or revocations.
- SEFCU must be notified in writing of any Driver’s License restrictions within (30) days of issuance by proper authority.
- Your ability to be bonded is required
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected class.
SEFCU is committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities and/or those who have special needs participate in the workforce and are afforded equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our Website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at [email protected].