Posted 9/7/23 - OBJECTIVE: Provide support to the organization's stewardship process and direct mail appeals, maintain the donor database and coordinate the community jar donations campaign.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be flexible and comfortable interacting with various constituencies, including but not limited to donors, volunteers, board member and constituents
• Must possess excellent computer skills - Microsoft Office applications and web. Proficiency with donor database systems, such as NeonCRM, a plus
• Demonstrated time management, project management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, meeting multiple deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
• Successful candidate must possess a genuine interest in the mission of Capital Roots
• Maintaining donor stewardship in accordance with organization stewardship policy
• Performing gift entry process, including all acknowledgements
• Preparing, mailing, and reporting on organization’s direct mail appeals
• Preparing mailing lists, in partnership with the Events Coordinator, for all specials events
• Updating donor and corporate sponsor records in the donor database
• Tracking outstanding pledges for all organizational fundraising campaigns
• Tracking, follow-up, and stewardship of monthly Harvest Helper donors
• Compiling donor lists for publications such as newsletter and annual report
• Coordinating and growing the Community Jar Donations campaign, including recruiting sites, and collecting, processing, and recording all jar donations
• Preparing all online, matching gift and workplace giving reports
• Must participate in Capital Roots events, staff meetings, and perform other duties as needed
• Collaborate across the Development team and Capital Roots’ entire organization to provide support, build resiliency, knowledge, and company culture
• Other duties as assigned by Chief Development Officer and CEO.
SALARY & BENEFITS: This is a full-time non-exempt position (40 hours per week) paid at an annual rate of $30,680 per year, in a flexible work environment. Excellent benefits including comprehensive medical insurance and dental insurance upon hire. In addition to generous vacation time, we observe 11 paid holidays – including three floating holidays – and offer paid personal and sick time. You also have the option to enroll in our 403b retirement plan.
ABOUT CAPITAL ROOTS: Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all in support of a robust region food system. To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org.
Capital Roots is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position, especially candidates of color. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We seek to foster diversity across our organization and welcome the unique contributions our team members make based on their diverse perspectives, backgrounds and lived experiences.
Send cover letter and resume (no calls please) to:
Laurie Miedema, Chief Development Officer
Capital Roots |594 River Street | Troy NY 12180|email: [email protected]