About Capital Roots
Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh foods and green space for all.
The Development Assistant will provide administrative support to the Capital Roots development team including donor cultivation and stewardship activities, gift processing, donor acknowledgment, and donor database management.
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or a related field
• At least two years prior administrative experience, preferably in a development or fundraising office
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, meeting multiple deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
• Must possess excellent computer skills (MS Office products)
• Prior experience with NeonCRM or other fundraising database preferred
• Must be flexible and comfortable dealing with various constituencies (including donors, volunteers, board members and constituents)
• Be committed to the mission of Capital Roots
• Updating donor and corporate sponsor records in the donor database
• Tracking outstanding pledges for all organizational fundraising campaigns
• Responsible for gift entry process, including all acknowledgements
• Building new donor prospect profiles and current donor profiles
• Maintaining donor stewardship in accordance with organization stewardship procedures
• Compiling donor lists for publications such as newsletter and annual report
• Administrative grant work including tracking and database entry
• Administrative assistance for all donor-related mailings, annual fundraising events & other areas as needed
• Assist the CEO with other duties as needed
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• This position is a full-time position (40 hours per week) paid at an hourly rate of $13.00/hr.
• Comprehensive health care coverage with fully covered employee premiums and low-cost co-pays and deductibles.
• Generous time off annually that includes paid holidays, vacation, sick time, and personal days.
• Employer funded pension plan - company contributions begin after 2 years of employment
• Eligibility for the federal government's Public Student Loan Forgiveness program
• Flexible work environment.
To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org. Capital Roots is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position, especially candidates of color. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We will not discriminate in our hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
Send cover letter, salary history and resume to:
Rebecca Whalen, Communications & Development Manager
Capital Roots |594 River Street | Troy NY 12180
Or by email: [email protected] | NO CALLS PLEASE!