Commercial Portfolio Manager
Manages all aspects of a portfolio of commercial customer relationships as assigned by management. Responsibilities include performing various credit requests, preparing credit memorandums, managing loan opportunity workflow, including participations, completing site inspections, opening deposit accounts, communicating with third parties (i.e., attorneys), preparing term sheets and commitment letters and representing the Bank at loan closings on behalf of the lender. Works with the more complicated Commercial customers in handling the credit administrative aspects of their respective portfolios allowing Commercial Banking Officers more time to focus on business development efforts and new client acquisition.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage all aspects of a portfolio of existing commercial loan customers as assigned by management.
2. Becomes an active part of the relationship “team” working closely with Commercial Services management, the client, and client’s professional advisors in analyzing performance information, responding to loan requests and monitoring relationships for compliance with terms and conditions of the loan agreement.
3. Maintains current knowledge of the bank’s products, services, and processes. Maintains familiarity with all credits in assigned portfolio, and is actively involved with servicing issues with clients; interacts with Commercial Lending and Commercial Services as needed.
4. Analyzes financial data as well as other relevant information in order to ensure appropriate and timely credit decisions are made and presented to the Commercial Loan Committee. May be asked to attending loan closings in place of the Commercial Lender.
5. Meet deadlines for the accurate completion of various credit requests and/or credit memorandums.
6. Utilizes the Bank’s software program to manage the portfolio, spread financial statements, analyze cash flow, obtain operating ratios, make industry comparisons, and recognize trends to determine the viability of the request.
7. Orders Credit Reports, D&B Reports, Environmental Data Reports, and Tax Searches. Makes other Internet searches as necessary to assess credit according to Pioneer’s standards.
8. Successfully cultivates key new business referral sources including CPA’s, attorneys, and other professionals.
9. Works closely with commercial customers to obtain financials, borrowing base certificates, covenant compliance certificates, review construction loan draws and perform property inspections.
10. Acts as a problem solver for operational issues between Commercial Banking Officers, Commercial Servicing Team, Cash Management, Business Banking, and other departments.
11. Meets with and calls on clients where appropriate to discuss lending as well as other bank products, negotiate loan terms, discuss and request financial information, and gather other information pertinent to maintaining a sound commercial loan portfolio or making sound lending decisions.
12. Orders third party appraisal reviews or completes appraisal reviews, as necessary.
13. Monitor all infrastructure loans and provide lot releases, as applicable.
14. Manage the loan opportunity workflow including creating the new opportunity in Baker Hill, monitoring closing items, and communicating with customer(s) as well as closing attorney(s).
15. Review, process and decision or seek approval for daily customer overdrafts.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting required.
2. Two (2) years’ experience in a Commercial Credit Analyst position preferred.
3. Five (5) years’ experience as a Commercial Credit Analyst can be substituted for the educational requirement.
4. Flexibility with regard to work schedule (some evenings and Saturdays).
5. Able to organize workload and meet deadlines.
6. Access to transportation on short notice and ability to travel between local offices required.
7. Motivated and enthusiastic team player who embodies the IMAGINE culture.
Visit our website to apply: https://www.pioneerbanking.com/about-us/careers/
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Pioneer Bank will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.