Chief Development Officer
OBJECTIVE: Direct the organization's Fund Development programs. Develop and enhance relationships with supporters, funders and corporate partners to raise awareness and resources for Capital Roots.
• Bachelor’s Degree or greater and 3-5 years of non-profit, holistic development experience.
• Excellent management and communication abilities to work effectively independently and within team settings.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting multiple deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must have a high energy level, ability to manage employees, ability to work with a diverse community and possess a genuine interest in the mission of Capital Roots.
• Supervise and support a three-member team to ensure achievement of all development goals;
• Work directly with Capital Roots’ CEO to help achieve the organization’s mission, implement all comprehensive development plans and assist with capital campaign;
• Update and guide annual development plan – events, direct mail, corporate, grants, personal solicitations, planned giving and donor cultivation/stewardship;
• Supervise Grants Writer in their work on private and public funding applications, reports and tracking;
• Supervise Events Coordinator in execution of three special events each year and in solicitation of in-kind and monetary donations, planning and implementation of cultivation events and relationship building with the business community;
• Supervise Development Assistant in their work on donation processing and record keeping, donor acknowledgments and pledge reminders and solicitation mailings;
• Collaborate with other members of the Capital Roots’ Management Team to create cross-program collaboration and efficiency, create staff development opportunities and cultivate our unique organizational culture;
• Other duties as assigned by CEO.
USEFUL KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
• Working knowledge and experience with donor database (we use NEON CRM)
• Knowledge of the Capital Region and its donor and business community
• Highly-organized, self-motivated and collaborative team player who is committed to Capital Roots’ mission
SALARY & BENEFITS: This position is a full-time exempt position with a salary of $75,000, within a flexible work environment. Excellent benefits including fully paid comprehensive medical insurance and partially covered dental insurance upon hire (benefit of ~$8,000). In addition to generous vacation time, we observe 11 paid holidays – including three floating holidays – and offer paid personal and sick time. You also have the option to enroll in our 403b retirement plan.
About Capital Roots: Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages and coordinating urban greening programs in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to cultivate and nourish communities by creating equitable access to fresh foods and green space in support of a robust regional food system. To learn more about Capital Roots, go to www.capitalroots.org.
Capital Roots is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for this position, especially candidates of color. We seek to foster diversity across our organization and welcome the unique contributions our team members make based on their diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and lived experiences.
Send cover letter and resume (no calls please) to:
Amy Klein, Chief Executive Officer
594 River Street, Troy NY 12180
email: [email protected]