Assistant Registrar for Data Management
The Assistant Registrar assumes primary responsibility for the daily, weekly and monthly reporting from the Colleague student data base for the department, under the supervision of the Registrar. The primary focus of this position is on reporting to the cabinet members on enrollment data inclusive of registration data, retention tracking and comparisons of same. This position facilitates and oversees completion of all the information requests and reporting to the constituents of the college.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Running of audits in preparation for reporting daily, weekly and monthly reports (including demographic information, student type, start term, admit status, academic program, source code, etc.).
- Produces and submits the weekly cabinet report on enrollment and retention
- Completes Anticipated Completion Date projections and survey.
- Provides the retention team with enrollment data and the Hiatus Report, as well as provides a consistent student database to accommodate and enhance their work.
- Prepares and submits Registrar related NYSED and Clearinghouse reports.
- Generates graduation reports and assists with graduation preparation including: lists and labels to Student Life, lists to alumni after graduation, and the graduation data archive capture and saved list creation.
- Creates and maintains Informer reports for Registrar's office and other college departments.
- Facilitates and delegates, as appropriate, all campus based student data information requests.
- Administratively withdraws students due to inactivity, noncompliance with the immunization policy and as recommended through the Roster Reconciliation process.
- Responsible for student duplicate clean-up.
- Maintains record of incomplete grades and sends out incomplete contracts to students.
- Advises SGS Deans of all graduate students with outstanding Incompletes and RP notations, and matriculated students that have not registered.
- Works closely with admission offices to verify incoming student registration and enrollment data.
- Updates addresses as provided by Alumni, Admissions, and other departments for active students.
- Responsible for updating changes to student information as reported on the user profile in Self Service for students.
- Assists MIS with Colleague clean-up initiatives and patch testing for the registrar area.
- Plays an active role within the Registrar's administrative team to achieve the strategic goals of the unit and the institution.
- Serves as required/requested on committees and/or planning groups.
- Supports and acts as a back-up for Assistant Registrar for Schedules specifically, and for other Registrar team members as needed and assists with covering the front counter.
- Trains faculty and staff on Colleague functions.
- Other duties as assigned by Registrar or designee
Bachelor's Degree required. Higher Education Registrar and/or Admission experience preferred. Excellent writing and communication skills. Outstanding interpersonal skills a must, ability to work on deadline and under pressure required. Ellucian/Colleague experience preferred. Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft office products required. Informer reporting experience preferred
The Sage Colleges will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. The Sage Colleges will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- No phone calls please.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
- Reports to: Registrar
The Sage Colleges include: Russell Sage College for Women in Troy, NY; the coeducational Sage College of Albany; and the Sage Graduate Schools of Education, Health Sciences, and Management operating on both campuses.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents by clicking on the APPLY NOW button and follow the steps.
- Cover letter
- A list of three professional references (Name, phone number, email address etc.)
Please Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your cover letter and any additional documents you wish to send.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Sage Colleges Careers Account to check your completed application.Send letter of application, resume, and list of three professional references