College Presidents Panel Discussion
Attend this dynamic discussion and Q&A session with the presidents of area colleges and universities at the popular College Presidents Panel Discussion.
Online registration has closed; member walk-in registrations are welcome to attend.
Learn what’s new on the campuses of regional colleges and universities and discover how these institutions collaborate with businesses for mutual success. We’ll meet with the presidents to discuss their academic communities and the impact of higher education as an economic driver in the region.
The distinguished panel includes:
- Dr. Christopher Ames, The Sage Colleges
- Br. F. Edward Coughlin, OFM, Ph.D., Siena College
- Dr. Shirley Ann Jackson, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Dr. Roger A. Ramsammy, Hudson Valley Community College
- Dr. Havidán Rodríguez, University at Albany, SUNY
- Dr. Carolyn J. Stefanco, The College of Saint Rose
- Moderated by John Craig, WNYT-TV
The panel will discuss how your business or organization can find opportunities by partnering with education. Sample topics include:
- Current thinking on reforming legal immigration and effect on foreign student enrollments
- Key factors that can disrupt the current education paradigm and the president’s plan on approaching it
- Student loans and a potential credit crisis due to large debt burdens relative to marketability of degrees
- Recent current events surrounding admission scandals
- Enhancing student's mental health and well-being
- How each is preparing students for the future workforce
Bring your ideas and questions to this informative forum.
Event Sponsored By: