Manufacturing: A Blueprint For Our Future
Manufacturers employ more than 12 million people in the US and contribute $2.25 trillion to the US economy annually. Locally employment in manufacturing jobs are at a 16 year high.
While the area was once known for building trains and making collars, its now known for chemical, medical, computer and electronic manufacturing. Join us to hear how these manufacturing jobs have changed on the factory floor and learn how these new collar jobs impact your business and the local economy.
- Sam Chiappone, Director of Manufacturing Innovation, School of Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Martin Gordinier, President, Gurley Precision Instruments
- Nolan Pazin, Plant Manager, Saint-Gobain Abrasives, Inc
- William E. Price III, Chief Operating Officer, StemCultures
- Moderator Penny Hill, Dean, Economic Development and Workforce Initiatives, Hudson Valley Community College
Parking Information: Attendees can park on Peoples Ave. (please abide by parking signs) as well as in the North Lot and J Lot behind the Alumni House.