Ask the Experts: Power Up Your Pitch
Learn how to craft your perfect pitch to ensure your message hits the right note.
Online registration has closed; walk-ins are welcome to attend.
Showcasing your expertise and credibility in an engaging manner, while having connecting conversations, is key in today’s fast-paced business world. Join us at this fun and interactive workshop presented by Carolina Rock to learn how to:
- Craft an interesting and effective elevator pitch
- Tailor it to various audiences
- Use it as part of your networking bag of tricks
- Confidently build upon your existing skills in business, social and personal situations
- Implement feedback to immediately improve your content and delivery
You’ll learn the techniques of great communicators and come away with a better understanding of how to Power Up Your Pitch!
Presented by Carolina Rock, the senior facilities manager for Express Scripts. With more than 20 years of experience, she has been involved in developing and presenting numerous programs that provide people of all ages and abilities an opportunity to learn the arts of speaking, listening and thinking. As a member of Toastmasters for nearly 25 years, she is an experienced public speaker and evaluator who has competed in and judged various speaking competitions in the Northeast. Her experience includes:
- Acting as a speaking skills consultant for international MBA/MS students at Lally School of Management at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute during annual Orientation Sessions
- Conducting Youth Communication & Leadership Training Programs for Troy public and parochial school students (School 16, St. Augustine’s, Sacred Heart, LaSalle)
- Presenting to the Cornell Cooperative Extension Teen Ambassador and Master Gardener Program Participants